The editor will create an InDesign file using at least InDesign CS5. This file will include a landscape and a portrait version of each page for the iPad application.
The InDesign file must:
- Include only 1 page per spread (no facing pages).
- Include a portrait and a landscape version of the page for each font size.
- Page dimensions and margins will be given in the InDesign page specification document for your product if they differ from the default which are as follows:
- Landscape: 1024px x 748px
- Portrait: 768px x 1004px
- Margins/Guides (for both orientations): top = 44px, bottom = 35px. These margin represent the areas that will covered when the nav bars are showing. Images and non-vital content should be bled into these margins.
|Note: Where clients have customized the App Studio client app the dimensions may differ from the standard sizes so please check with your Account Manager where required.|
You can find an iPad InDesign template file here: iPad-template.indt
All colours/swatches should be in RGB, not CMYK.
Scaling should apply to content (Preferences > General > When Scaling: “Apply to Content”) as ScaleX and ScaleY must be 100%.
No Vector graphics other than rectangles supported (unless on the background layer).
All images must be links to images on the file system.
Rotations on page items are not supported. (Object > Transform > Rotate)
‘Flipping’ page items are not supported. (Object > Transform > Flip Horizontal/Vertical)
Text wrap is not supported.
Items on master pages are not supported.
Reference assets such as videos and audio via a URL – these assets will not be downloaded with the application.