Adding Custom Dimensions
Once you have added Google Analytics (GA) to your app you will then need to set the Custom Dimensions (CD) in your GA account.
- Login to your GA account
- Open the app to which you want to add the CD.
- Open the Admin tab
- In the property tab, open Custom Definitions
- Click on Custom Dimensions
- Click on +New Custom Dimension
- Add the name from App Studio; *Custom Dimension 1
Scope is *HIT
Click the tick box, Active
- Then repeat until you have added all 6 names. Once finished you will have the following list:
CD1 Access Method
CD2 Page Type
CD4 Page Number
CD5 User Id
Note: Data will not be available in these custom dimensions until the app is used to trigger new screen views and events.
Viewing Screen Views
For 'App' properties: Screen view data can be viewed under Behavior / Screens
For 'Web' properties: Data can be viewed under Behavior / Site Content / Content Drill down
From the Secondary Dimension dropdown menu, expand 'Custom Dimensions' and select one of the custom dimensions added earlier. This will display the custom dimension alongside the screen name in the report.
Event data can be viewed under Behavior / Events / Top Events
From the Secondary Dimension dropdown menu, expand 'Custom Dimensions' and select one of the custom dimensions added earlier. This will display the custom dimension alongside the event category in the report